How do I get clean url's?

fastestmanalive

I haven't found any guides or tutorials on ways to customize the structure of your url's with JReviews yet, so if there is such a guide, can someone point me to it?  I understand that url issues likely go beyond the scope of the standard JReviews support, but any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated, even if it is suggestions on other sources where I might find the answers to these questions...

I would ideally prefer my url's to read like this:

Category Page: website.com/category  or  website.com/directory/category

Listing Page: website.com/category/listingname  or  website.com/directory/category/listingname

Now, to complicate matters, it's starting to look like I will be using the tags system to organize my listings instead of the core sections & categories.  That means I will have some listings in multiple categories.  That is why I din't list any "sub-categories" in my ideal url structure's above.

Here are a couple examples of url's from my site at the moment:

Category Page: www.internetbusinessplaybook.com/internet-business-tools/tag/category/Email-Marketing_m50/

For the category page, is it possible to eliminate the "tag" and "category" sections?  Also, what is responsible for generating the "_m50" at the end?  "internet-business-tools" is my directory name, so that doesn't bother me.  "tag" & "category" come from the fact that I'm using the custom field tag system.  For the category page, is it possible to eliminate the "tag" and "category" sections?  Also, what is responsible for generating the "_m50" at the end?

Listing Page: www.internetbusinessplaybook.com/component/content/article/18-internetbusinesstools/33-mail-chimp.html

For the listing page, I understand where the 18 & 33 are coming from, but I'd prefer if they weren't there.  That's not a big issue at the moment though.  More important are the "component", "content" and "article" portions of the url.  Can those somehow be eliminated?

Thanks in advance for any input.  It is greatly appreciated!