jomcomments breaks jreviews listing / fields / criteria / ratings display ?

pabalosa1

hi,

I don't really know what the issue is, however I just installed the latest jomcomments, verified that the jreviews comments plugin was in front of the jomcomments one...

I also pre-checked these forums for info and any issues, and saw a couple of posts that indicated there should be no conflicts, and another's post who said that they were having no issues at all. I also noted, the detail.thhtml code insertion that was posted for customising the jomcomments positioning ( by alejandro - but maybe for J1.5 only perhaps ).....but the broken listings pages' display was there both before and after that action.

I've also tried unpublishing and republishing all listings, but no change.

Listing pages struggle to load now as a result, understandably, as well. ( perpetually loading ). The remaining content is also displayed askew / out of designed alignment.

In the listing view the jreviews' images, fields, comments and ratings are absent . As far as I can see, everything else seems ok, and data / content is still there

I've uninstalled jomcomments, cleared site & browser caches and file registries, repeatedly and in all instances, removed the suggested jomcomments positioning code insertion, but the listings haven't corrected themselves.

If it's db clearing or deleting that's involved now, I'm a little unsure / inexperienced at that ( but can follow good instruction )

Luckily I still haven't officially launched ( jreviews component not finished yet )

I'm using joomla 1.0.15 until oct / nov when I'll have several interelating joomla sites to upgrade to 1.5, at the same time.

Here's a listing page, using 'default' template :

{ url removed }

If you cannot access that page because of endless loading try the home page here, and scroll down left column looking for joomla's ' most recent / most viewed mods and select a listing - the affected listings are 'Collingwood Children's Animal Farm' and 'Harmonic Energy' :

{ url removed }

Thanks ( hopefully )

PS just reviewed pages and noticed that the only corrupted / affected listings are the ones that I'd chosen in jomcomments to enable. The other demo listings all seem as they should be, and unaffected. ( there are only 6 demo listings altogether btw )

PPS I know that the next version jreviews will have comments without ratings, but I felt I needed that facility now for some lisitng categories, and I thought I could just uninstall jomcomments later when the new jreviews turned up.....