Rockettheme and Perehelion

musiczineguy

Apparently There are several complaints about JReviews breaking RocketTheme templates. --> At least the indication of what breaks what is coming from RT's side of the house...

I am using Perehelion (August 08) and I noticed that with JReviews pages (which comprise the core of my music review site), the center (main) content is shoved down below the bottom of the content of the left or right hand sides.  In my case, I'm only using a right hand vertical side, so it's the center pane and the right hand side.

Everything else (other components)  pretty much peacefully coexists in the Center pane.  JReviews content  just doesn't.  JReviews Bloglists are fine.. but the content itself gets pushed down and it looks like hell.

I tried and tried to get an answer to this problem on the RT site.  There are many people using RT templates with similar problems.  When they feel like it, RT support has given some suggestions as to how to fix this.  I tried one of their fixes and it took care of the problem on Firefox and Opera... but IE remained a problem.  I tried for a great, all encompassing answer and never got one.

Finally tonight I did some experimentation and discovered that the reason the content wasn't showing up properly on MY site is because the right hand column width column seems to be crowding the center column.  So then I started playing with sizes and found that to get my right column to an acceptable size (it contains some banner ads and login module), I had to increase the overall width of the template.  Once I found the proper balance, I was satisfied that the problem is solved.  The pages now show up properly in all browsers I've tested on multiple computers.

So the bottom line.. try to grab general information from Rocket Theme if you can find it, then start working with making the left, center and right panes play nicely together.  It might take a lot of tweaking, but it looks like this will solve the problem without making you have to hack JReviews.