[Resolved] Problem in using joomla 1.5 core SEF and jreviews 2.0.x

seansingh

Hi Alejandro,

I am trying to use the joomla core SEF and am having some issues which I wanted to show you and ask if they are related to joomla SEF or jreviews . . .  because I having the problem upon clicking on jreviews links when SEF is turned on.

What i did was -

1. Renamed the default htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

2. Made some changes in it as it was giving me a internal server 500 error. The changes are - commented out Options +FollowSymLinks and some security features. after this I was able to access both the frontend and the backend.

3. Turned on SEF form the global config, while keeping "use apache mod_rewrite" and "add suffix to url" options turned off.

4. after this in the frontend, upon reload, I could see changed sef urls for all the links when I moused over them.

5. When clicked on any (jreviews) article link on the forntpage I got an error (see screencap) telling me that some URL might be wrong and mentioning a URL with com_s2framework in it, and that some xajax javascript component could not be included.

6. The page loads like a plain html page without my template, modules, any formatting, any boxes, colors . . .

7. On some links, like the category list links, I also get 404 error.

Do you think this could be caused by jreviews or anything related or any incompatibility between jreviews and core SEF?

Is there any known workaround ?

I read the article on jreviews and sh404 and can try it but if the core SEF works for me, I would rather not use 3rd party extensions unless absolutely necessary. I have read people using jooma core SEF and being pretty happy with it.

Any suggestions ?

post-2032-1424298779585_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...