Custom list page as static page with no results

Equity

Hello,

I need to create "static pages" or landing pages in theory for content that has links to specific custom lists or category lists. This can be done either by creating a new jreviews listing type and category, or a joomla uncategorized article page, got it. The main reason for going this route is to eventually get to the point of using steve koontz awesome methods he lays out in the tips and tricks section for custom lists. So starting out I don't want users going directly to the category page.

Tried creating a custom list page, hiding all directories, with no listings and no output other then using the jreviews custom list menu item description for the article and assign additional custom modules on that menu item for additional content. I can get the blank custom list page and publish the modules wanted but also in the page is the "No entries were found" message  being there are no parameters. If using this custom list method how can I remove the no entries were found message from the two pages I need this for?

If using a joomla article for this can jreviews content be added directly in the article and how?

If using a jreviews listing article what issues may I run across being the article would be from another category/listing type?

Also tried to create a parent category with "no listings" and publish all content using custom modules to this parent but cannot turn off sub categories and listings from showing on just one parent category.

Any advice on best practice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Daniel