Not able to re-install a clean version of JReviews

sean-1587321371

I only got a little way into the JReviews configuration before getting what appeared to be some kind of corruption.

(The top level URL of the directory I was working on would not show up, even after populating. Only the sample directory for the RapidLauncher add-on. I could get to the listings by typing their URLs directly, and their breadcrumb appeared to include the top-level directory, but hovering over it showed a mismatched link to the sample directory. Anyway...)

I restored a backup of my site to a week before ever installed JReviews, to do a completely fresh re-install. But much to my surprise, this "fresh" install still has a few items from the previous corrupt setup, only even more corrupt. (One screen counts categories that no longer exists, and a directory can't be deleted because of these phantom categories.)

Bottom line, what do a need to do to get a completely fresh, non-corrupt install again?

I don't know where these corrupted elements could be coming from. I thought a pre-JReviews site restore would have been a surefire solution, but somehow not.

Many thanks.