How to allow Super User to bypass required fields

AdinaG

Anyone know how to make it so that a required field is not required by admin on the frontend and in Joomla admin?

I have fields (terms of service) that I want to make sure the frontend user agrees to when creating a listing.

The problem Im running into is that when I create listings on the frontend with my Admin account to help build my database and encourage users to claim their listings, it's requiring me to fill out those fields which are meant for the actual user who claims it.

There's a similar situation associated with the PaidListings Add-on. When I have a listing type that has required fields available only for a paid listing, but am actually editing a free listing in the backend of Joomla. I can't save the listing because it wants the required fields for the paid plan.

So my thought is that to fix both situations is to set the individual fields it to bypass the required value altogether if the user is a super user, or set a specific ID, as well as if the screen is the administrator.

Anyone have any idea how to achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Adina