Jreviews Addict

DEVs question - how you guy keep your theme overrides clean !?

Jreviews Addict

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity i am reaching out o ask how other developers keep their theme overrides clean and get rid of unused CSS and/or code.

For myself with CSS i use just the custom_syles.css and i use a strict way of writing it down and using a lot of the menuID's in the CSS to seperate the different sections.
For example:

/* #### General JR Style theme overrides #### */
<CSS code here>

/* ### Name of Specific section, suffix: _home ### */
/* ## Listpages suffix _home (tableview/blogview_home etc.) ## */
<code>
.itemid-2193 {}

/* Listpages Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 674 */
<code>
.itemid-2197 {}

/* Listpages Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 673 */
<code>
.itemid-2197 {}

/* # Detailpage suffix _home (detail_home.thtml) # */

/* Detailpage Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 671 */

/* ############# */

/* ### Name of Specific section, suffix: _2ndsection ### */
/* ## Listpages suffix _2ndsection (tableview/blogview etc.) ## */

/* Listpages Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 664 */

/* Listpages Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 663 */

/* # Detailpage suffix _2ndsection (detail_2ndsection.thtml) # */

/* Detailpage Module 'Name: .......' on Listpages home ID: 661 */

Etc.

For the theme overrides i use the main files and add/edit any code which i want to alter INSIDE the regular code; on JRreviews upgrade i need to re-do all (as normal) but i can use a "compare" / "differ" function to see what is changed.

But with large updates and/or class changes i allways face the issue that i still need to dig into all the lines cuting out parts or changing etc.

Whenever i take out a whole section, specific page it works as i can just cut out the whole css part.

Just curious how you guys manage to keep your theme overrides clean....
* Do you use a same sort of css build-up? Differently?
* Do you create your own theme files with just using the JReviews parts? Or do you write your custom code into the core ones as i do?

Curious 🙂

Jasper

Edited by Jreviews Addict

DanielH

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Jreviews Addict

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Edited by Jreviews Addict

DanielH

n00bster

Edited by n00bster

DanielH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.