Possibilities with review_form_rating_options

rsangion

Hi

I'm not sure if I should post this here on General Discussion or as a question on tips & tricks, so sorry in advance if I'm not on the right place, since I know that custom code is out of support.

On my site, www.brejas.com.br, I use a rating scale of 5 but I added a customization to change each criteria to have a different scale.

Criteria 1 = 10
Criteria 2 = 5
Criteria 3 = 20
Criteria 4 = 5
Criteria 5 = 10

Therefore I have to change what I show to users in terms of rating options for each criteria, multiplying by 2, 1, 4, 1 and 2 and when saving I have to divide by 2, 1, 4, 1 and 2 again to make it compatible with the scale of 5 configured in JReviews backend. In fact I use the weight parameters that exist on the JReviews configuration to be able to set these custom scales, so I multiply or divide by (weight/scale)

The files that I have to change in order for this to work are:

helpers/rating.php (where I multiply the ratings on fuunction detailedRatings)
helpers/review_helper.php (where I multiply the ratings)
controllers/reviews_controller.php (where I divide the ratings)

Does anybody know if with this new filter introduced in Jreviews 3.5.02,  review_form_rating_options, I could have a filter that would allow me to have the same effect, but centralizing the custom code in just one place through this filter?

My doubts are:
1) Can I increase the number of options using the filter?
2) Can I have different number of options for different criterias?
3) Will this filter allow to also change the value of the rating and not only the text displayed?

Thanks!

Archived