sef-plugin: issue with 404 page

Michael

Hi,

I got an error with the 404 page which seems to be related to the jReviews SEF-plugin

a) My structure without the sef plugin:

example.com/subcategory/555-listing

b) my structure with activated sef plugin and id removal activated:

example.com/subcategory/listing

so it works like intended!

Now comes the strange part: If I add anything to the new URL, lets say example.com/subcategory/42-listing or example.com/subcategory/helloworldlisting - I normally would expect to get a 404 error page, because this URL/site simply does not exist. Before the sef plugin has been in place, this has been the case. Now with sef plugin, I am getting a huge text error message:

jos-Warning: Fehler beim Laden der Komponente: , 1

JSite -> route() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/index.php:37
JApplication -> route() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/includes/application.php:135
JRouterSite -> parse() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/application.php:251
JRouter -> parse() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/includes/router.php:75
JRouterSite -> _processParseRules() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/router.php:162
JRouter -> _processParseRules() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/includes/router.php:406
call_user_func_array() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/router.php:406
JReviewsRouter -> parseJReviews()
JReviewsRouter -> addBackID() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/plugins/system/jreviews_sef/jreviews_router.php:1072
JError :: raiseError() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/plugins/system/jreviews_sef/jreviews_router.php:1702
JError :: raise() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251
JError :: throwError() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:176
call_user_func_array() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:214
JError :: handleCallback()
call_user_func() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:765
plgSystemRedirect :: handleError()
JError :: customErrorPage() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php:104
JDocumentError -> render() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:804
JDocumentError -> _loadTemplate() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php:107
require_once() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php:135
include_once() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/templates/yoo_quantum/error.php:13
SystemWarpHelper -> init() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/templates/yoo_quantum/config.php:21
JSite -> getParams() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/templates/yoo_quantum/warp/systems/joomla/helpers/system.php:93
JComponentHelper :: getParams() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/includes/application.php:358
JComponentHelper :: getComponent() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:92
JComponentHelper :: _load() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:43
JError :: raiseWarning() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:415
JError :: raise() @ /is/htdocs/wp3451354_BZBEZBFRDS/www/dev/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:276

The correct default 404 page however is shown if an article has been deleted or is offline. Despite this, also the forward from example.com/subcategory/555-listing to example.com/subcategory/555-listing works perfect.

Please do not get me wrong, it may seem odd and quite unlikely that someone will insert something in the URL, however, it feels a bit strange if the default 404 error message is not shown anymore. I just tested your demo. If I call http://demo.reviewsforjoomla.com/city-guide/bars/2222polcaris-coffee - I am getting a proper 404 error message as well. On my site this scenario would lead to this strange error message.

Without the jReviews SEF plugin I can add whatever I want in the URL and see the default 404 error message again, which in general therfore is working.

I am using a Yootheme template on Joomla 2.3.16 and PHP 5.3

It's not critical, because I am still testing on a dev server. Please have a look if you find the time, but also do not hurry and do not forget - it's holiday time for friends and families :)

Thanks for your help!

BR

Michael

+++ edit +++ the missing 404 error does only occur, when I am trying to change the last part of the URL, which had an ID before the usage of SEF plugin, i.e.

example.com/subcategory/44article does not show 404, whereas example.com/44subcategory/article does show the default 404 error message.