[solved] SEF-plugin: interference with normal Joomla category blog items

Michael

Hi,

unfortunately I got a problem related to the usage of SEF plugin. It works fine for everything jReviews related, but I just found a severe issue on my end: I have set up several main menue items with the type category blog. Before jReviews SEF the URL for such an item was

www.example.com/news

after SEF Plugin it is:

www.example.com/news/news

(so a second "news" is added)

this leads to a blank site with the following error message (testing is still on a local machine)

Notice: Undefined variable: category in C:\xampp\htdocs\playground\components\com_jreviews\jreviews\controllers\categories_controller.php on line 237

Notice: Undefined variable: category in C:\xampp\htdocs\playground\components\com_jreviews\jreviews\controllers\categories_controller.php on line 239

Notice: Undefined index: Category in C:\xampp\htdocs\playground\components\com_jreviews\jreviews\controllers\categories_controller.php on line 282

any joomla article in news works fine, i.e. www.example.com/news/ID-TITEL is shown correct. Whereas further category blogs below this hierarchy do not work either: www.example.com/news/weather is transferred into www.example.com/news/weather/news/weather

all other menue items, e.g. single article, work fine.

Do you got any idea how to solve this? If you give me 2 more days, I will update my live test server with the newest jReviews + SEF-Plugin and give you access via ticket for further inspection.

Thanks for your effort and help!

BR

Michael