Google: Listings vs. Review

Austin Cline1424296198

There probably can't be a definitive, certain answer for this, but I'm hoping for some insight at least...

1. Google is putting a lot more emphasis on article length on the assumption that a longer article probably does a better job at providing more comprehensive information than a shorter article. It's not their only criteria for good content, but it's more important these days. That means having short articles puts you at a disadvantage.

2. Google is good at distinguishing between the "meat" of your main content from "extra" stuff like sidebar menus, modules, etc. More weight is given to the former over the latter. This is why keywords and links in the main content text are more important than keywords and links in sidebar menus and modules.

Given these two things, I have the question:

Does anyone have any sense for whether the "Review" portion of a page is treated more like the main content or more like "extra" material?

This is important to me because I'm looking very seriously at a design layout that would take a big chunk of information that would normally be part of the "listing" (and thus in the Joomla article) and put it in a custom field in the "review". It just looks better. It also means making the article very, very short - much shorter than I would normally approve of from an SEO perspective.

But, if that chunk of text is given just as much weight in the "Review" portion as it was given when in the "Listing" portion, then it will be OK in the end.

Does anyone have any sense, insight, or thoughts about this? Might the CSS classes have an impact here - the names do use "content" and "review," which might be used by Google. I suppose I could add a dummy class to the review section - a class that says "content" somehow.