SEF for sections and categories!

akrimony

Hi,

I have a teacher rating website with jreviews - goo.gl/DLgID - where the joomla sections are cities and the categories are  colleges. Both these come under jreviews directory - Colleges.

I want my URLs to look like :-

• www.domain.com/city/college/professor_name (for a listing url)
  • www.domain.com/city/college (for a jreviews - not joomla- category page that displays the listings in that category)
  • www.domain.com/city (for a jreviews - not joomla - section page that displays the categories in that section)

I went through the jreviews documentation and understood that I would have to make Joomla menu items for section and category.

If I make Joomla menu items for section and category, I get joomla’s links for section and category along with nice urls which is not I want. I want them to link to jreviews section and category.

So I gathered that this is not possible unless I create menu item for each article manually with parent menu items being jreviews category and section respectively.

Then, I came across a component for Joomla which automatically creates menu items for ALL articles and gives me the URL like I wanted viz. www.domain.com/city/college/professor_name

However, if the user appends this url and accesses www.domain.com/city/college or www.domain.com/city, the user is redirected to Joomla category and section page because the component obviously goes by Joomla's section and categories to make these menu items and not jreviews.

So, if I create separate menu items manually for all the jreviews directory, sections and categories like this – www.domain.com/colleges/city/college and put a 301 redirection on www.domain.com/city/college to point to the jreviews one, should it do fine?

Any comments on this?

Also, there is an SEO manager for jreviews listing in jreviews which is perfect. How do we manage SEO for jreviews section and categories?