Rockettheme Solved Issues

jirizarry

I had problems with rockettheme templates not working well with jReviews and Mightyextensions, I will post here my experience and test I made and the solution found.

1- So far in jReviews with what I tested the calendar and compare options are not usable.

With MightyExtensions Resources, adding articles, RokCandy does not work (not needed anyway but does not work), and can not select yes or no to hide record entered or eddited.

Other MightyExtensions components seems to work properly.

AceSEF works some tweeks but works.

iJoomla AdAgency works.

JoomFish works.

I will keep testing and post my findings back here.

2- Update

A) jReviews & MightyExtensions - if mootools is disabled, it works like a charm, both IE8 Firefox3.6 and is when they look best. But menu opens behind modules, so the menu is rendered not useful.

B) With regular mootools (both of the above), jReviews works in Firefox not in IE and looks a bit different not as refined as with no mootools, menu works fine. MightyExtension Resources can not select yes or no to hide record entered or eddited.

C) Using Bamboo Library plugin to load mootools from http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/mo ... pressed.js, works as A), as with no mootools, but the same menu problem.

D) With joomla, system - mootools upgrade plugin enabled, MightyExtension as B), jReviews works on both IE8 and Firefox3.6 but it does not look, almost like B).

3- More Testing Results

Using a Template without Gantry (not from your stock of templates):

A) With new mootools from /googleapis/ using bamboo library, jReviews works good, error only on Mightyextension mose over users actions hoover showing the code only.

B) with joomla system mootools upgrade option, jReviews works good, with some errors opening stuff behind the menu, menu itself opens above other things. Mightyextension mose over users actions hoover appears different, gray and reduced in size.

C) with regular joomla mootools, all works perfect.

For now, I think maybe a Loading Sequence issue.

Last thing I can try is to load libraries in different sequence if possible. mootools first, then last, I don't know how to do that yet, if someone knows please show me how to.

After trying many things I disable the input styling on the template Omnicron, and suddenly the jReview compare function and calendar popup function works on IE8 (other browsers also), you know because you get a simple compare check-mark box. This thing also work on other templates, I tested in Affinity and worked also.

So here is the solution for jReviews, on Template Manager, open the template and go to:

Input Styling - Exclusions

add this to the end:

,'.compareListing','#jr_compareListings'

that's it.

The Mightyextension problem still can not select yes or no to hide record entered or edited on HTML type. Woks best only on template with no Gantry and regular mootools. I will post this on their site for them to check out this issue.

Hope this help other like me.