Percentile function to display a listings review score within its own category

Cknightly

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to enlist someones service to help me with this customization.  Gigi was kind enough to give me an outline of what is needed to be done but unfortunately I cannot get it to work. This was my original post.

I basically need display a products rank within its own category.   For example, a Television Review site has categories of LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, and DLP Tvs.  A particular LCD Tv Listing has an average weighted rating of 3.8 out of 5 after it has been reviewed by users.  I need to show how how a 3.8 score ranks among all of the other LCD Tv's in its category (i.e. the 3.8 is a higher score than 90% of the other LCD Tvs in its category so it is the 90th percentile).  I want something ratingwise to be relative to the other products it is being compared against.  A 3.8 out of 5 is a good score unless all other products have a rating of 4 or above.  I have been trying to figure this out for ages now and any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested and what the cost would be.  Thank you so much in advance. This is one of the last steps in a project that has taken many many months.  I am also interested in implementing a bayesian rating method and not having reviews be valid until it reaches a certain amount of reviews and users ratings will not count until they reach a certain number reviews.  Perhaps I could get a quote for each task separately and as a package price.

Chris