Looking for Heroes!

Dave Spathaky

Hi,

I'm helping set up a web site using Joomla and jReviews for 'The Hero Workshop' and I'm looking for developers who are knowledgeable about jReviews who would are able to offer their skills in return for kudos and a credit on the finished site.

We are delighted that Alejandro has kindly donated a jReview licence for the Hero Workshop web site.

The Hero Workshop helps young people learn about being 'heroes in waiting'. How they can find the hero qualities in themselves. It fosters self esteem and initiative. At the moment it is a small organisation in Michigan but with the help of partnerships and support I see it becoming a worldwide organisation.

The project has already been taken up by a research project at Stanford and a few other luminaries. A mention at TED last year help things along as well.

If you are interested in becoming involved and feel you can help please contact me. I am specifically looking for someone who can quickly set up jReviews to import the 200 or so heroes from http://thejanuscenter.com/heroworkshop/heroes.htm and configure jReview so that all the categories and attributes of a hero can be shown on each page.

If you have other ways you think you could support this project please get in touch too!

All the best ~ Dave

Web Site Developer for the Hero Workshop

edited for clarity

• 4 weeks later...