Few features worth considering (perhaps)

gmanish

I must first congratulate Alejandro for writing such a great component which provides a highly configurable content submission and review functionality. And to top that he provides an outstanding customer support. Just amazing!!

However to improve it further here are some suggestions (Some may have already been requested by others):

It would be nice if we could have the system automaticaly send notification to authors at the following events:

• Submission status change (From unpublished to published and vice versa)
  • Addition/modification of a review

Also, all the reviewers of a listing should be automatically notified at the following events:

• Any time the listing is edited (it should be in published status)

I also believe that when the author edits a published entry it should revert back to "Unpublished" status thereby allowing the Editors to moderate the entry again.

Another feature worth looking at may be to allow the admin to unpublish/publish/delete a review from the frontend.

There is also currently a data integrity issue where if a listing is deleted the related reviews stay in the tables. I believe all the related reviews should be deleted. In real life we may not encounter much problem with this..but still a nice to have.

Utilize the tinyMCE from the joomla default plugin install thereby allowing a consistent behaviour across the website. The stripped down local copy of tinyMCE that jreviews uses doesnot allow addition of some of the needed plugins that may already be used on the remaining website and even if it does allow that results in duplicity of efforts. If it has to be local to jreveiws, at the least, it should be a complete standard install from which some of the unused features may be disabled in the tinyMCE.init function and other config files.

-Manish