Multiple Categories per Post Wordpress Version.

Harry

I've reviewed the information on Multiple vs Virtual Categories, and to be candid, it would significantly simplify matters if there were a solution enabling users to utilize the WordPress category system for assigning multiple categories to a single post. Unlike Joomla, where URLs are structured as Site/category/subcategory/post, the current format here appears as site/listing. Despite this difference, the essential functionalities such as filters and searches operate seamlessly.

Upon constructing a directory, I encountered an issue: each time I edit a listing, all the assigned multiple categories and tags are erased. Presently, my workaround involves revisiting and manually re-adding the multiple categories after editing a post. If we extend this capability to individual listings for self-editing, we could designate them to be moderated. Subsequently, we could empower users to establish the primary category during their edits, while we retain control over the multiple categories.

Implementing this approach would necessitate maintaining a spreadsheet to track user preferences and locations. Users could set their primary category during the edit, allowing us to manage the assignment of multiple categories. I sincerely hope that the developers of JReviews consider incorporating this functionality in future updates. If anyone out there has a work around from this that is not Virtual Categoires then I would love to here from you.