Best hosting for JReviews in 2023?

Jonathan Roseland
Go to solution Solved by Alejandro,

Who do you host your JReviews websites with? Are they awesome or do they suck?

I've been with Hostgator (I have the shared cloud hosting) for a long time and their customer service/tech support seems to getting worse (I think they are outsourcing to some place that people get paid like $5/hour). Most recently, my Jreviews+Geomaps+Paidlistings website crashed because of a CPU usage limit I hit (25% apparently), I took steps to decrease CPU usage per their requests, but my website is still down. They are being really stubborn about trouble shooting the issue, telling me "we can't provide support with Joomla issues" and just sending me articles they found on Google. And they just told me I'd have to upgrade to their $50/month hosting plan.

Am I totally naive to think that I can run my JReviews website (that gets, not more typically, than a couple thousand visitors a month) on a shared hosting plan that costs under $20/month?

I did this pose this question for discussion here back in 2015, but the times have changed and so has JReviews and Joomla so I thought I'd ask again.

Thanks for the feedback!