Pro's and Con's to use directory in urls?

Equity
Go to solution Solved by Alejandro,

Hi Alejandro,

I don't really need the directory in my url's and use either joomla menu alias or list pages to display content which still shows the directory in breadcrumbs. I know this can be turned off globally in jReviews or use a hook to control specific directories to not show in breadcrumbs. So why not just hide the directory menu items and make the category menus the parent.

What is the advantage or disadvantage of having the directory as the the parent in the url?

directory/category/sub category vs /category/sub category as required joomla menu items.

Also more of a joomla thing and off subject, one thing I do notice when it comes to joomla menu item alias, is the parent can't be duplicated with the same alias. Only the child menu items can have the same alias. For example, if having url's result as /directory/category, the /directory menu item alias has to be unique while /category doesn't have to be unique being it's the child of /directory.

Then if having the directory and category menu items both separate as parent items they both have to be unique when using menu item aliases.

Thanks
Daniel