Dashboard Addon now with GA4 and events. New BuddyBoss Integration.

Alejandro

Updates available for JReviews, Maps, GeoMaps, Dashboard and BuddyPress and Everywhere Addon.

The most important highlights below:

Dashboard Addon

After a lot of very painful trial and error due to poor documentation on Google Analytics Data API I was finally able to port the Google Universal Analytics (GA3) integration to use GA4. If you haven't heard, Google is deprecating Universal Analytics and will stop collecting data from your site in mid 2023.

This is a breaking changeOnce you update the addon, if you were previously using it with Universal Analytics that will no longer work and traffic data will no longer display for listing owners. This was unavoidable and the best I could do was actually spend time developing the integration with GA4.

If you want to continue using Google Analytics you need to create a new property using GA4, and it is not possible to import your previous property data so you are basically starting over. I created a GA4 property just to work on this integration and to be honest, I found the user interface so confusing I am not even sure what I am looking at. Also, it takes at least 24 hours for the data to be made available to the API, so I had to wait 24 hours to be able to check if actions taken on the site made it to the API.

Enter Fathom Analytics

The Dashboard Addon also works with Fathom Analytics. We've been using it for over a year now and are very happy with it. If you are starting over with your site analytics you might as well consider a service that is privacy-focused, well supported and nice to use. They are also working on an import feature so you can bring over your data from Google Analytics.

If you want to check Fathom please use are affiliate link below. We only recommend this service because were also using it ourselves.

Get $10 off when you sign up for Fathom Analytics

Custom Events

A new feature in the Dashboard Addon is the ability to display custom events to the listing owner. Both the total completions and unique completions, but also historical using the same chart used for pageviews. This works for both Fathom and GA4.

👉 Learn more about displaying events

BuddyBoss Integration

The BuddPress Addon has been updated so it also works with BuddyBoss. The BuddyBoss Platform has a free option version if you want to check that out. 

The Everywhere Addon was also updated to work with BuddyBoss so you can use the JReviews review system in BuddyBoss profiles.

If you already use BuddyBoss and are active in their communities and can help promoting this integration I would be very grateful.