Attempting to use jreviews as a support ticket system

DanielH

Hi Alejandro,

I've tested a few joomla extensions for this, with varying results. If at all possible would rather use jreviews. The layout, access to submit, and view is fairly straight forward as jreviews works.

Probable category structure would be:

directory:
    Support

Categories:
    tickets
    knowledge base
    community.

The knowledge base and community cats are standard listings and can have view/submit access setup using default settings in jreviews, not a problem.

Tickets category will likely have sub cats, for example, accounts, billing, listings, sales, tech. Custom fields can be used to sort by priority and fill in details.

The questions are,

1. how to restrict view access to only owner and admin across all elements of the site for the tickets category listing types? Looked at your Gist for "Restrict page access to admins and listing owners" but you say its only a start and can this be used for specific categories or only a site wide application?
  2. Using the "Restrict page access to admins and listing owners" does this restrict listings from search as well?
  3. pro's and con's to using sub categories or custom fields for tickets?
  4. possibility to assign tickets to different admin groups? Probably have to use sub cats with access setup accordingly and skip custom fields for cats.
  5. Are replies OK being handled by the comments section? From what I can tell the gist restrict page access excludes discussions, just want to make sure this exclusion is enough hide the content.
  6. uploads - is there a way to restrict uploaded media? I'm using a cdn for media.

What are your thoughts on doing something like this or would this need to be an addon?

Thanks!

Edited by DanielH