Steven Koontz

I'm lost: trying to set up free, expiring listings with free renewals

Steven Koontz

I have only seen a couple posts about this, both of which confirm that this is possible. One of the posts I have read is at the end of this post.

I am trying to set up free, 30-day listings that expire UNLESS the user manually goes in and renews them for another 30 days. From what I have read they should be able to just order the base plan again. But no matter what I try, even trying paid upgrades for testing, I can't get an expired (or expiring soon) listing to republish. Not with the free base plan, not with paid upgrades, not with anything. I must be doing something wrong.

Here is what I have set up for testing (all plans set to three days to accelerate testing times):

1.  Free 30 days (Renewable) - Default, base plan - Free trial - Category and Custom Fields checked (green)
  2. Another 30 day base plan - Same as above but not default
  3. 30 day upgrade paid plan - Not default, upgrade plan - $0.01 (just for testing) - Corresponding category selected
  4. 30 day upgrade free plan - Not default, upgrade plan - Free trial - Available for plan 1 - Corresponding category selected

Not only am I not able to renew plan (1) which is my preference, I can't even get any of the other three to work. Whether already expired, or expiring soon, clicking on the order button just tells me no plans are available for the listing.

I am either doing something totally wrong, or I am mistaken in believing that renewable free plans are possible at all.

🤷‍♂️

Alejandro

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Steven Koontz

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Alejandro

Steven Koontz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.