I'm lost: trying to set up free, expiring listings with free renewals

Steven Koontz

I have only seen a couple posts about this, both of which confirm that this is possible. One of the posts I have read is at the end of this post.

I am trying to set up free, 30-day listings that expire UNLESS the user manually goes in and renews them for another 30 days. From what I have read they should be able to just order the base plan again. But no matter what I try, even trying paid upgrades for testing, I can't get an expired (or expiring soon) listing to republish. Not with the free base plan, not with paid upgrades, not with anything. I must be doing something wrong.

Here is what I have set up for testing (all plans set to three days to accelerate testing times):

1.  Free 30 days (Renewable) - Default, base plan - Free trial - Category and Custom Fields checked (green)
  2. Another 30 day base plan - Same as above but not default
  3. 30 day upgrade paid plan - Not default, upgrade plan - $0.01 (just for testing) - Corresponding category selected
  4. 30 day upgrade free plan - Not default, upgrade plan - Free trial - Available for plan 1 - Corresponding category selected

Not only am I not able to renew plan (1) which is my preference, I can't even get any of the other three to work. Whether already expired, or expiring soon, clicking on the order button just tells me no plans are available for the listing.

I am either doing something totally wrong, or I am mistaken in believing that renewable free plans are possible at all.

?‍♂️