Save 20% on new JReviews plans and Add-ons until December 16th midnight EST. Use coupon code EOY2019
Rik Brown

Photos import - main media / cover

Rik Brown

Alejandro:

Hi!

I just did a mass import of cover photos for many sites in a restaurant chain. I had set all of those to be "Main Media" and "Cover" on the import.

The import worked great but I found that I now have a newer and an older "main media"/"cover" image (two different images) for each location.

I guess that I wrongly assumed that there could only be one main media / cover image per listing and so the older, prior image would somehow be changed to a gallery image.

I see that in our jos_jreviews_media table that there is a "media_function" field that has the options for "cover" or "logo" and it appears if that field is null then the image becomes a gallery image. Also, the main_media field is 0 or 1.

So would it cause any problem to simply change the older images media_function to null and the main_media field to zero?

Thanks. -- Rik

PS: In the future, I'd like to write a routine to clean out such files both in the table and on disk. Can I simply delete them from the jos_jreviews_media table if I can likewise find them on disk and delete them there as well? Or are there other tables that I need to consider?

Edited by Rik Brown

Alejandro

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Rik Brown

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Edited by Rik Brown
More info

Alejandro

Rik Brown

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.