Schema - Structured Data Issues

TomH

I have been reviewing the structured data and trying to find the best fit for my different listing types while producing the least amount of errors in the schema and still being informative to the search engines.

My Site offers reviews (which are the actual listings) of different product and services and allows users to submit their own reviews.

Depending on how you read into things and the examples I have seen on the net I could set the object type to a number of different things: Article, NewsArticle, Product, Review, CriticReview, LocalBusiness

The one thing I notice that the dateModified is missing. This is important as my listings once published never are removed. Can you add dateModified (using the Article Modified date) to the structured data to show Google that our "listings" have been updated and are current? This is also recommended by Google.

The other thing I notice while using the Structure Testing Tool is that some user reviews ratingValue is listed at 0.6 which is out of the default range set. The low rating is fine but can you modify the output to set the ratingValue to the lowest of 1 so it doesn't generate these Schema errors?

I was using Product and Organization before. I am thinking of keeping it Product but maybe switching to Article so that the Author property can be used properly and not create another structured error.

I was also thinking of maybe using Review object type but this creates a warning since the aggregated Rating is within the object type.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived