Alejandro

Crowdfunding: iDEAL Payment Handler for PaidListings

jreviews-mollie-ideal.png

For several years a handful of clients have expressed (a lot of) interest in being able to accept iDEAL payments with the PaidListings Add-on. Due to the relatively high cost of developing this solution and its limited sales potential, I am launching this crowdfunding campaign to see if we can bring together everyone that's already expressed interest, and those of you that just want to contribute, to make this happen.

There are bonuses for different contribution levels, so make sure you check out the campaign page

Learn more and make your contribution on the campaign page.

@Anh: Thanks, but I am only doing this for iDEAL because it has a clearly defined scope. The Mobile App is already in development I for now I will continue to finance it myself.

I'm not interested. I have already made a "Paidlisting Payment Handler for Mollie" with some help and guidance.

NB: This handler works not only for IDEAL but also for the next methods:
Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Bancontact, Paypal, SEPA-incasso, SEPA-overboeking, Giftcards, KBC/CBC-Paybutton, Belfius Pay Button, Bitcoin, SOFORT Banking, CartaSi and Cartes Bancaires.

@Gert: We are not counting on you then. If the campaign is successful then every Dutch JReviews client will also be able to enjoy this functionality for both one time and subscription payments, starting with iDEAL.

Sounds great!!! Brilliant thinking Alejandro. But, why does @GertBiljard not want to share what they created with you? That would be sinaible and a great way to save everyone cost and ensure an extended product / solution lifetime.

Sounds great!!! Brilliant thinking Alejandro. But, why does @GertBiljard not want to share what they created with you?

To have a solution that fits multiple people requires the code and the UI to be much more modular than what a single person would normally build for himself.

So even if someone was willing to share what he built, it is likely that many potential users would find the solution not fitting their needs.

Furthermore, the coding standards are paramount for future development of the extension and for assuring reliable functionality and compatibility with multiple systems (PHP versions and so on).

It is very unlikely that a person that built a solution for himself would take all that into account, since it is unessential to his needs yet requires many times the effort and time.

In short, a different approach is needed when building something for the masses vs. tailoring it just to your own website's use. So a person 'sharing his code' may unfortunately not be relevant in many cases.

Edited by gigi

@Rookie Girl: Stripe is ending bitcoin support, but lets wait and see what they support next once it reaches critical mass. If this campain is not sucessful it will just make it more obvious that it is not financially viable for the business to invest large sums in unpopular features.

Still very interested in this! However, it seems that we are not going to get enough contributions on the crowdfunding campaign. The timing was just not great for us this month for a number of reasons. Apart from that we are definitely still keen to work out something and really hope that we can work with a few others to create a solution. 

Alejandro, thank you so much for your effort with this! You have really done your best to assist me and the others to get iDEAL payments working in PaidListings. I really appreciate it immensely!!!! Thanks...