13 replies to this topic

#1 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

jreviews-mollie-ideal.png

For several years a handful of clients have expressed (a lot of) interest in being able to accept iDEAL payments with the PaidListings Add-on. Due to the relatively high cost of developing this solution and its limited sales potential, I am launching this crowdfunding campaign to see if we can bring together everyone that's already expressed interest, and those of you that just want to contribute, to make this happen.

There are bonuses for different contribution levels, so make sure you check out the campaign page

Learn more and make your contribution on the campaign page.

#2 toufik kadem

toufik kadem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

This is awesome :)

• Alejandro likes this

#3 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

@toufik: Awesome! thanks for being the first one. I am excited about the experiment and I hope that it will be successful.

#4 Anh Le Giang

Anh Le Giang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

I'm not interested in this but if you open for JReview Mobile App, there are many people will contribute.

• darryllunn-1493891562 likes this

#5 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

@Anh: Thanks, but I am only doing this for iDEAL because it has a clearly defined scope. The Mobile App is already in development I for now I will continue to finance it myself.

#6 Gert Biljard

Gert Biljard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

I'm not interested. I have already made a "Paidlisting Payment Handler for Mollie" with some help and guidance.

NB: This handler works not only for IDEAL but also for the next methods:
Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Bancontact, Paypal, SEPA-incasso, SEPA-overboeking, Giftcards, KBC/CBC-Paybutton, Belfius Pay Button, Bitcoin, SOFORT Banking, CartaSi and Cartes Bancaires.

Best regards,

Gert Biljard

www.stallencaravans.nl

#7 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

@Gert: We are not counting on you then. If the campaign is successful then every Dutch JReviews client will also be able to enjoy this functionality for both one time and subscription payments, starting with iDEAL.

#8 AndrewG

AndrewG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Sounds great!!! Brilliant thinking Alejandro. But, why does @GertBiljard not want to share what they created with you? That would be sinaible and a great way to save everyone cost and ensure an extended product / solution lifetime.

#9 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

@AndrewG: That ship has sailed. The crowdfunding campaign is the opportunity you have now to get this done.

#10 n00bster

n00bster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

a bit offtopic, but interesting for me: how did you implement the campaign status in your article (https://www.jreviews...payment-handler), did you do that manuell or have you a tool for that?

[PHP 7.0] [Joomla 3.8] [Easysocial 2.1] [jReviews 2.7]

#11 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

@nOObster: I used a 3rd party component called Joom Donation.

• n00bster likes this

#12 gigi

gigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Sounds great!!! Brilliant thinking Alejandro. But, why does @GertBiljard not want to share what they created with you?

To have a solution that fits multiple people requires the code and the UI to be much more modular than what a single person would normally build for himself.

So even if someone was willing to share what he built, it is likely that many potential users would find the solution not fitting their needs.

Furthermore, the coding standards are paramount for future development of the extension and for assuring reliable functionality and compatibility with multiple systems (PHP versions and so on).

It is very unlikely that a person that built a solution for himself would take all that into account, since it is unessential to his needs yet requires many times the effort and time.

In short, a different approach is needed when building something for the masses vs. tailoring it just to your own website's use. So a person 'sharing his code' may unfortunately not be relevant in many cases.

Edited by gigi, 12 February 2018 - 12:18 AM.

• n00bster likes this

#13 Rookie Girl

Rookie Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

I'd love to support something.  What about a crypto currency payment handler.  It's the future :-)

#14 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32291 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

@Rookie Girl: Stripe is ending bitcoin support, but lets wait and see what they support next once it reaches critical mass. If this campain is not sucessful it will just make it more obvious that it is not financially viable for the business to invest large sums in unpopular features.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paidlistings, ideal, payment handler, mollie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users