JReviews is the best selling Joomla Reviews Component and WordPress Reviews Plugin. It's also in a class of its own as a Business Directory.
Photo

Joomla 3.8 compatibility - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Fabs15

Fabs15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

Thank you it worked on both my sites.

#22 Brill

Brill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

You saved me with this plugin!

Thanks!

#23 Edze de Boer

Edze de Boer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi Alejandro,

I see two pugins.... :)
jreviews_sef_pugin_j38.zip
jreviews_sef_pugin_j38_php5.zip

Do I need any of these and if so which one if I started a completely new Joomla 3.8.0 website using PHP7? Is the first one for PHP7?

Regards, Edze

#24 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 31834 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

You can use either one of those with PHP 7 and you need it if you want to use the JReviews SEF Plugin.

#25 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Hopefully Joomla gets all of the issues worked out of the experimental router in the next few versions.

I assume the JReviews SEF plugin will still be needed. I know that the JReviews SEF plugin currently suppresses canonical links (because Joomla couldn't get their act together). Do you plan to add this functionality back (at least for articles, categories and listings)? 

I've notice a couple of times in the last month or so Google linking to a listing page with a weird url that I have no idea how they discovered.

#26 contact-1506629173

contact-1506629173

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Perfect! This solved my problems. After updating to Joomla 3.8 the module page in admin interface was blank.

Many thanks!

#27 chris-1475802496

chris-1475802496

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

@chris: This one is not related to Joomla 3.8 nor the SEF Plugin. Either the module or search in general looks to be configured to use the current menu id and that messes up the search results URL which uses the current page and performs a different search when you click on it. You should create a JReviews Menu for Advanced Search. Then check the module settings and check if you have any value entered in "Specify Itemid of JReviews menu for result url" and remove it and also check in JReviews Configuration / Search if you have it set to use the current page for search results and change that.

Hi Alejandro.  OK, I think I understand this.  I went into the Jreviews->Config->Search, but the checkbox for "Use current page ItemID for search results" was already set to "NO"

I then went in to the single "Jreviews Advanced Search Module" and there was nothing in the "Specify Itemid of JReviews menu for result url " textbox.

Finally, I created a new hidden menu with an ID of 4606 for the Jreviews->Advanced Search.

I added that to the Jreviews Configuration page where it says "Specific a Menu ID for search results"

AND THAT WORKED!

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by chris-1475802496, 29 September 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#28 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 31834 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

@chris: Great, I am glad that did it, but by default if you have an adv. search menu then JReviews will automatically find that and use it for searches. I guess maybe not having it was part of the problem.

#29 Alexandros Androutsos

Alexandros Androutsos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:58 AM

Hello all.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents here.

Not that it will solve any problems, it will rather prevent users from running into issues next time there is a major joomla update.

You might have heard of this before: 

Always Back up your site before updating to a new Joomla version!

There are manual ways to backup but there is also an easy automatic backup tool named akeeba that can backup your site if you click on update your joomla installation.

I prefer to manually backup in order to save space by keeping only the backups I really need, but akeeba will make your updates hassle free.

If you had a backup in hand, once your site showed that it had such an issue, you'd just revert back to the backup and wait for an update by the jreviews team.

Next time it might not break your jreviews installation but another plugin you might have running on your site.

Just a suggestion. you'd save yourself so much trouble if you had a backup in hand.

Edited by Alexandros Androutsos, 02 October 2017 - 04:59 AM.

• Alejandro and Daniel.de like this

#30 4max.jung-1439492842

4max.jung-1439492842

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hi there,

I have upgraded to PHP7 and instaled Jreviews v2.7.19.3. It seemed everything worked well. Than I installed Joomla 3.8. Now I have following issues:

• no access to menu /error Call to undefined method JModuleHelper::isAdminMultilang()
  • no access to modules / error Call to undefined method JModuleHelper::isAdminMultilang()
  • The site do not shows product listings / however it shows product listing module and when click on some product it shows list of products
  • article listings are published under Joomla instead of JReviews system
https://vse-o-krmivech.cz/clanky-blogy

I have uninstalled JReviews and S2 Framework and installed the versions for PHP7 - problem still exist. I have visited the Joomla site and had a look to issues connected with Joomla 3.8 and found info that some extentions have issues with Joomla and found that JReviews is among them.

Is there anything that I can do in order fix this before I revert to backup. It is live site.

Edited by 4max.jung-1439492842, 03 October 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#31 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 31834 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Did you download and install the plugin at the beginning of this topic?

#32 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

I see Joomla 3.8.1 is out now with some router fixes. Is the updated Jreviews SEF plugin still needed?

#33 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 31834 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Yes it is. I will also be releasing a JReviews update soon that includes the revised plugin code.

• n00bster likes this

#34 Edze de Boer

Edze de Boer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

Using Joomla 3.8.1 and JReviews 2.7.19.3 and PHP7 in a brand new website, no Listings yet.
I had not yet activated the JReviews SEF System Plugin.
So I installed the jreviews_sef_plugin_j38.zip

Now when I look at the installed plugins, I see:
System - JReviews SEF 1.1.1 date October 2013, is this correct?

I also see:
System - SEF 3.0.0 date December 2007 activated.
I suppose this is the default Joomla SEF which has to be de-activated?

Kind regards,
Edze

#35 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 31834 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

No. Try uninstalling it and installing again. You don't need to disable the Joomla SEF Plugin. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users