Background image across multiple modules

jav100

Hi,

I understand how to upload a background image for a module so the image is displayed instead of just a color, but I am interested in uploading a background image that would span multiple module positions (say across the entire screen but also a few modules down say from modules 'topbar' to 'showcase-top'). 

Is there a way to do this easily? I suspect it would require some CSS modification to join the wrappers or perhaps slicing the image into pieces and then separately adding them together? 

The look I am trying to initiate is something like Yelp's front page (I'm sure you all have heard of that site!) :) 

Is there also more information on the sizes of the images that should be uploaded for each module somewhere listed so they are not scaled? 

Also - is the top-showcase wrapper in my draft version of the site currently is set to load the standard GeoMaps advanced search box. I noticed that the background image does not display for this module. Is this because of the GeoMaps advanced search module CSS? Is it possible to strip everything down to just the textbox and submit buttons again similar to yelp's homepage of search box of name, address and submit button? (screenshot attached - do not mind the work in progress!)