A couple of Idea's for features.

travisdh

I apologize if some of these have been duplicated, you no doubt by now know my thoughts on the component :), absolutely fantastic; but i think in terms of community contribution, it would be nice if the component some how had the ability to let users contribute to fields that may not have already been filled in, here is an example;

Say i enter a entry for a movie, and i am unsure of who is the person who directed the movie, to have a setting somewhere in access settings that says if field is empty, let users with x access level fill it in.

So i would own the article as i created it, and it would contain all the information that i entered with the exception of director, then another user whoo knows who directed it could come in and enter that field, and that way all users can contribute, rather than letting anyone edit it when they could destroy all the other information.

Another thing i think would be useful, is in line with your review component, that allows review moderation through the front end, it would be nice if you could allow content moderation through the front end as well, that way i don't have to give back-end access to anyone to moderate content, rather give them an easy way to do it through the front end.

And the other thing was allow much like smf, users to be notified on update of a specific content, so a user likes a laptop, and there are no reviews on it, he / she signs up for notification, and the system sends out an email letting them know content has changed, or a review was added.

I know you can do this through rss, but its not the same, so many people have no idea about it.

I am not sure if this helps, but when you have a look at the table updates to optimize the database and component, there is an open source plugin for jUser to import users, it might be worth doing an import component, by the way it looks in the community at the moment, there would be strong interest in it. i am having one done up at the moment, but i can't really release it as it gets information through hard coded xml so not really suitable for public given the data it has access to.

Once again thanks for a great component,