Email Alerts & Location Filter

MelB

Hi,

I need to have an email alert system that sends a message with latest listing when a new post has been added that meets a specific filtered criteria. I am currently using a custom module I purchased from techjoomla last year, but it isn't adequate. It is basically an addon plugin for their JMailalerts, and although works well, only allows for the selection of a category and nothing else. I need a better solution that can be an adaption of the existing Advanced Search module, or a custom module/plugin like Jmailalerts:

1. Adapt the existing advanced search module so that it includes the additional features (preferred)

Or 

2. Create a new module/plugin that does it

What it needs to do:

Ideally I would like to add the new features to the existing Advanced Search module as per the attached image to include:

a. Filter options for locations (i.e.) ability to select Country, County, City, and possibly a radius search

include locations and a radius

c. ability to select custom fields that have been added to the advanced search (as we can currently do with Jreviews search now)

d. once all the filters have been set, to then be able to search as normal, and/or set up an email alert

with options to select daily, weekly and also set how many results should be included in that alert - although these latter to requests are not as important.

The email alerts will be sent to the users registered email account, which will always include an option to cancel alerts. 

Is this possible? If it isn't I may have to finally bite the bullet and move back to DJ Classifieds as this can do all of the above, but it obviously means loosing some of the other wonderfl features in JReviews. 

Kind regards

Mel

post-22779-0-43170300-1476441550_thumb.png

Edited by Melanie Brummell