Buddypress private message link to author on listing page

belltree

I am looking to have a link on the JReviews individual listing page (listings¥detail.thtml) which, when clicked, will take the user to the Buddypress compose private message page with the name of the author pre-populating the "Send To" field.

I have already been able to achieve this, however, I am unable to have the "Send To" field pre-populated with the author name of the listing (this is the key part of what I am trying to achieve.

Details:

1) Individual listing page (listings¥detail.thtml) will have a link which takes users, who click on it, to the Buddypress private message compose page.

It would be preferable if the link on the listing page could use the JReviews "Send inquiry" icon to do this. If not possible it would be acceptable for it to be a separate link.

sDLflYJ.png?1

2) The Buddypress private message should be pre-populated with the username of the JReviews listing author.

D4RHlU5.png

Note #1: My site is WordPress based with JReviews and the iReviews theme. Development should take place in your own environment and provide me with a working demonstration and then the changed and additional files (if any are required).

Note #2: I want to achieve this by using the "jreviews_overrides" directory and preferably without any additional plugins or JReviews core changes.

Edited by belltree
  • 2 weeks later...