Accounting and taxation

DanielH

Hello,

It would be nice to possibly have a new addition the paidlistings addon (or as a standalone) that can handle some accounting to the point of totals and admin access for:

• Total sales for all orders (we have this now) or filter by state.
  • Type of transaction ie: listing type = advertising, service, membership (? mark on members being members are formed prior to jreviews but the profiles are in jreviews not sure how to work around this.) Guess we can add custom fields for transaction type viewed only by admin or it can be part of the core listing types. Maybe a text field or left blank, dropdown single select etc...
  • Sales taxes charged/collected.
  • Filter orders for the year, quater, month, all.
  • Maybe a filtered exporter to a printable/downloadable document.
  • A means of marking orders as taxes paid.
  • Include some of this information in the overview page for paid listings.
  • These are only ideas. It might not need to be that complicated as long as totals and break downs can be made for some flexibility if needed. This can also help with traffic/demographics from a sales standpoint without relying solely on analytics even if using paid listings for free listings..

I think most data already resides in the paidlistings addon for the totals, except some features, we need. The data just needs to be accessed and displayed or available for export. I'm not sure this can be done in such a way that it is somewhat compatible with popular accounting software or not but that would be a plus. At least the proposed would be a start to use at quarterly tax filings as a legible, simplified resource.

With the possibility of having thousands of transactions throughout the year, quarter or even monthly can turn into a labor intensive nightmare being such transactions can happen twenty-four hours a day. We now have the resources in jreviews to charge and collect taxes but no real accounting for taxes. There are only totals for sales but I think we need to break that down by local also.

I know you guys are working hard on other things. Figured to start this one for possible future consideration.

Cheers!

Daniel 

Edited by DanielH