Questions and Issues

Steven Koontz

Hi,

I am setting up UserProfiles on my site. I created all necessary menu items: category menu, login page, my account page and submit profile page.

1) When I log in with User/Pass I am redirected to domain.com/placeholder/userprofiles_accounts/manage instead of domain.com/my-account. If I edit anything or do any navigation within the account management then I am returned OK to /my-account. It's just on log in that I am redirected to that URL with the placeholder set up in JReviews admin for URLs with no item ID. If I log in with JFBC through Facebook then it's OK: I'm taken directly to /my-account.

2) In the My Account page, the Logout link shows this URL: domain.com/component/users/?task=user.logout&xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=1&return=Lw==

I tried setting up some core com_users menus to change that, but it's not working. How can I get the component/users/ out of there?

3) The profile submissions appear in my Most Recent List Page menu. I would prefer the user profiles to not get mixed up with the hotel & restaurant submissions. Is there a way to hide the profiles from these "view all listings" menus? And the most recent listings in the Listings Module?

4) I have a side project that might also require UserProfiles, but I would need it to absolutely prohibit users from adding listings to the site unless they have set up their public profile. Is that possible? Because it's gonna be a local "flea market" kind of site and the profile will be absolutely necessary for sellers to have it show on whatever listings they publish with products for sale.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...