loadtime cache

BigDutch#2

My site homepage is primarily the geomap module with hundreds of listings included into the map, other main pages includes similar layout pages, with geomap modules that are filtered to display less listings.  

The homepage is frequently very slow (15+ second loadtime), the other, main pages less so, but still significantly, the listing pages include a geomap (of the single listing) and the load time is absolutely fine (less than 1 second).

Disabling the modules on the homepage and main pages results in load time that is absolutely fine.

I am no longer using the Joomla cache or Joomla cache system plugin, because I want to record the listing hits and the banner module hits, but I use cloudflare (free).

Is there anyway for me to set the geomap module contents to be cached ? And, perhaps to not 'hold' the rest of the page up - the map is populating whilst the rest of page is loading ?

EDIT : The 'Caching' option is missing in my module ? https://docs.jreviews.com/?title=GeoMaps_Module

Caching - with lots of markers this setting is very important to cache the json object that the map uses to load the markers.

Edited by BigDutch#2
  • 2 months later...