Weighted Ratings

jhimwich

One more request (I know, I just bought it and I'm already on request #2).

In the feature list you're working on, are weighted ratings in there? By "weighted" I mean that I should be able to assign a percentage to the amount any one rating contributes to the overall average.

If, for example, I had a gadget review site whose star ratings were the average of, say, appearance, functionality and value criteria fields - I don't want each of those to have a 33% stake in the final average, rather I might want to give appearance 20%, functionality 50% and value 30%.

Any chance of this happening? If "yes", that would be great. But even if "no" is the honest answer, this is helpful because then I can plan a (not very graceful) workaround.

Many thanks.

P.S. The lack of this feature in no way dims my enthusiam for your extension - I still think jReview is the single best extension I've come across for Joomla.

P.P.S. I have a workaround (again, not very graceful) for the earlier request for the category security access change. Instead of having all my review categories in one section, I instead split them in two: Editorial reviews in one section; User-generated reviews in another. I then modified all "Add New Items" links so that they restrict the user to the User-generated section. It works well enough, but given how I had to implement this (I have certain custom fields for editorial users and others for registered users), it does mean that users are limited to performing an advanced search across either the editorial reviews or the user-generated ones, but not both at once.