Favicons and Apple Web Clip Icons

Mark1

Has anyone managed to get favicons and web clips working with iReview 2 template?

I have followed every tutorial online and for the life of me, I cannot get them working!

I have tried placing a 16x16px png called favicon.png into the root html folder. I added a 16x16px png, renamed to favicon.ico into the same folder - nothing. I then copied both files to my template/ireview2 folder and now Firefox sees it (which I don't know), but Safari refuses to play ball.

I've also followed Apple's guide below to create web clip icons for iOS devices:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/ConfiguringWebApplications/ConfiguringWebApplications.html

I have added the files in both the html and templates/ireview2 folders and none are being recognised on iOS devices.

I them tried added the code here to my templates/ireview2/index.php file in the head section and still nothing:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="touch-icon-iphone.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="touch-icon-ipad.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="touch-icon-iphone-retina.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="touch-icon-ipad-retina.png">

Any ideas?