20 Changes To JReviews Needed.

netician

I have a list of 20 template enhancements and new features I would like to be added to JReviews.  Some are minor some  more involved. But after its done I will want to be able to upgrade to new versions of JReviews, while still keeping the enhancements made. Please reply and I will send the list to email.

The following features are so essential for the future relevance of JReviews, that I felt compelled to send them to you personally.

INTERFACE CHANGES

1) Ability for user to group images as they are added to a listing.

2) Option to either open images in large light box or to go to listing page from media page or media favorites pages. This could be done including a small small side bar with each image that snaps out to a large light box style, when clicked with pointer that changes to magnifying glass on hover.  

3) Ability to view listings intro text or image intro text, in each images light box -  as a side bar, with initial show/hide option.

4) Ability to favorite and email media images as well as listings.

5) Sharing, embed, tagging, and favoriting or media included in light box in a thin strip along the top or bottom. i.e separate from the intro side bar at the right or left.

6) Ability to add text to media up loads and have that text show in light box side bar.   Other info such as number of review, how often favorited showing in side light box side bar also.

7) Light box feature mentioned above provide on media shown on the media listings display page. This can be provided using overlaid buttons, that appear on images at mouse over.I think the standard for this is a diagonal double arrow icon for expanding the image into a light box and a button that looks like two links of a chain, for linking to the images listing page. Both located at the center of the image.

8) Ability to see all ones favorited media on a personal media page. i.e not just latest media of directory.

9) Ability to group favorited/followed media and listings into groups (similar to the groups for uploading media mentioned above)

USER ENGAGEMENT CHANGES

10) Ability to follow/favorite a users followed/favorited page and the groups of media within their favorites page.

11) Ability to vote on media and not just listings.

12) Ability to comment/discuss media and not just listings.

13) Option to change the title of the "add to favorites" button to a "follow" button or an "add" or add this" or "add media" of " "save" button of "save this", using a text field that lets you input any text you want for this button.

14) Ability for users to see who else has favourited/followed/added/saved specific media and listings.

15) Ability to see what what other listings/media a person has favorited/followed on their listings page.

16) A tabbed interface showing Follows/ Media/ Discussions of a listing.

17) Add to this an e-commerce plugin (with the option to insert a buy link into the media's light box) and JReviews will finally allow Joomla users to build sites that can actually compete with Silicon value startups.

18) Display the no of discussions or questions posted about a specific peace of media in its light box side bar.

19) Display how many follows/favorites a media item has or how many users media folders it has been included in, in that media items light box side bar.

20) An Embed media button (separate from widget factory features) for embedding media on any website. When clicked a box would pops up with embed code included. This could be added as a  more simplified option within  widget factory, that applies to individual media items rather than whole listings or reviews. So that either or both could be used,t he buttons could be kept separate with the embed button optionally included next to all media.  

The above features are in order of priority, so the work would proceed in the order shown. I can give live examples of all these features active on the web during subsequent discussions. i would like a quote

a) for each feature

b) for the first set of features 1 to 9 (interface changes)

c) for the second of of features 10 to 21 (functionality changes)

d) for all features as a single project.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...