[ANSWERED] I might move back to iReview - Have some questions

Steven Koontz

Kristian,

I have long had my flagship site on RocketTheme's Kirigami template. Your great work on iReview2 has got me testing with it. It is much more flexible and slick out-of-the box in comparison with iReview1 and has fixed sidebar widths, which RT does not offer  :(. I am messing around with my expired iReview2 and am very close to renewing and making the switch, but I have a few concerns. Hopefully you can shed some light.

1. I use Joomla Page Cache and Joomla Module Cache. Once in a while for some reason my visitors cause a "squished" page to be cached and it stays like that until the cache expires. See attached screenshots. After following my visitors around using Google Analytics I have estimated that approximately 20% of my visitors are causing this "squished" effect, as if the page is being cached with a 1024px screen width. I suspect it might be the Gantry Grid causing this but, as per RT's usual stellar customer support, I have gotten no response to my inquiry. iReview2 uses a very similar responsive grid with the exception that the media queries and widths from CSS are read directly from the template, whereas RT responsive is loaded from the Gantry Core and then the template is rendered "on top" of that (at least I think that's how it works). Since I am testing in a subfolder there is no way to effectively determine if this issue will also be present on iReview2.

Do you have any insights or ideas regarding this issue?

2. The "hidden-phone" suffix is not working for me. I have tried it on all sorts of modules. On this page:

miraargentina.com/test/el-calafate

there is an example of a RokGallery module that does NOT hide when viewed on smartphone. I have also tried hidden-tablet and visible-desktop and they DO work as expected.

3. Twitter Bootstrap

I really like Font Awesome and Bootstrap. Font-Awesome I was able to add easily by pasting the CDN as a <link> in iReview2's index.php. However, if I also add Bootstrap then it messes up the responsive layouts a bit, widening everything by about 20px on all devices and giving me a tiny scroll-bar  >:(.

I can imagine this is due to the two conflicting responsive layouts: iReview2 grid and Bootstrap. Is that the case?

And, given that Joomla is going with Bootstrap, are you planning on switching iReview2 to Bootstrap as well? If so, will we still have the fixed sidebars option?

On a side not, if I load Bootstrap the "hidden-phone" suffix works fine.

Thanks

post-10188-14242990158922_thumb.jpg

post-10188-14242990159813_thumb.jpg