Proximity search stopped working

Sebastian Schalipp

Hello,

without us having changed anything in den Geomaps, controller or module code, the proximity search completly stopped working (today) on our jReviews 2.2.07.182 site. No matter wether using advanced search module or the main advanced search component view, there is no error message, just 0 search results on the results page.

Just to rule out any problems that may be caused by our editing of files and templates, I have reinstalled a very old (1 year) backup of the site where I am very sure proximity search did work. Strangely enough, this restored backup site now also finds 0 search results when using proximity search.

I am not sure where to look for the problem. Since it does not seem to have anything to do with code changes, I thought that maybe the realtime proximity calculations rely on live queries to Google Maps, which stopped working? Maybe Google Maps have changed the API settings so no results are retrieved? Or they now block certain queries?

The geocoding of new listings still works, I have just verfied. Only the proximity search fails.

Alejandro, do you have any idea of why this would happen?

Thanks,

Sebastian

• 5 weeks later...