something different

Sebastian Bunescu

Hi guys,

I read the documentation for paidlistings, and this scenario didn't quite come up.

I have a site which I am populating with listings myself. The listings I am putting up are extremely basic, just enough to identify the business so that users can post reviews (very small community).

I'd like to offer the option for the business owner to Claim the listing for an yearly plan. Say 50 dollars a year. Through this he will be able to reply to the reviews he has on his profile, as well as obtain a full blown listing with all possible information about his business, pictures etc. I would also want to give him the sublistings associated with the main listing (i am dealing with rental houses, and the sublistings are rooms in the house) 

Because I will only be dealing with a small amount of listings (under 300) , and yearly plans, I do not mind doing the work manually to set them up. Am I better off doing this through ACL and a component that allows subscriptions and then assigns users to different groups?

But even if I do that, I still need PaidListings add-on to be able to have different listing types for the same category right? one basic one for people who don't pay, and an upgraded one for the customers?

regards,

Seb