Featured functionality with new listings.

bryan choo

Hi,

The idea of my site is to allow people to upgrade their free listings into "featured" listings that get shown more prominently on the site.

So i created two plans when people submit listings

1. A free plan

2. A paid plan (with featured status)

The free plan is straightforward and works fine. The duration is set forever and the listing lasts forever.

For the paid plan, I want it to only be featured for 1 week but i want the listing to last forever. What happens when I set the duration for the paid listing to 1 week, will the entire listing get unpublished and disappear after that? It would be perfect if the paid plan automatically "fell back" to the free plan after that duration.

If not, I would love to see a "duration" field next to the featured status. And in the time being is there any way  to work around this limitation rather than manually enabling the expired listings when they run out so they show again?

(I have already set it up as an upgrade plan, i just wanted to set it up during the new listing submission too so its intuitive and people are aware they can upgrade their plan, or get a featured listing right away when submitting.)