Need Customization Work - Filter Search Results by Jomsocial Friend

ThunderboltHD

I'm in the process of developing a website that is based on jReviews and Jomsocial and need some custom work done.

I need to be able to filter the search results in JReviews to show just the listings that have been submitted OR reviewed by a person's Jomsocial friends.

For example, a person is searching for restaurants in Chicago.  The person knows that many of his "friends" on the review website have visited Chicago and wants to see if any of them have reviewed any restaurants in Chicago.  However, they don't want to have to visit each friends profile OR search each friend's name using the advanced search author tool.  The thought process is that they will trust a friend's review more than they would a strangers.

I would like to do this through the Advanced Search module as an additional check box OR  possibly as a second module where you click on it as range option. 

One example of what I am trying to do is how LinkedIn offers the option to filter search results based on "connections".  Example:  http://bit.ly/OJxY4H

Alejandro added this info when I posted this in the General Discussion area:

You need two extra database queries and you also need to modify the main search query. Finally you would need some method to let users enable/disable this themselves. You can easily get the user ids of a user's friends. So you then need to write another query that gets the list of all listing ids from user reviews written by the user's friends. You would then feed that info into the search query. So two additional queries are required for this and it wouldn't work with the everything add-on so reviews written for 3rd party components are excluded.

Please reply back if you are interested in working on this customization.