Add a value inside specific CB field when submit listing

mikkox

hello

I would like reward "points" to each users who submit a listing. This can be done using AlphaUserPoints but I don't want install and use this component for several reason. So instead to use AUP, I would like use Community Builder that mean each time a user submit a listing, I would like attribute a fixed value like for example 100 inside a specific CB field. The value must be added to the one already present in the CB field (if any). So in practice if a user have already submitted a listing, his "CB point" field will contain 100 points. When submitting another listing his points must reflect the change that mean 200.

If I'm not wrong this can be done in different manner:

1) Modify the submit listing theme file create_form.thtml and add a line of code who will add the desired value inside the desired CB field on submit listing.

OR

2) Create a small Jreviews plugin making the same job and put that plugin inside /Jreviews/plugin

I don't know what is the best method, but of course the best would be the one who is the most efficient and secure (probably the plugin).

Due to the fact Jreviews and CB are compatible Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5, this feature must work "universally" in both Joomla version and most probably future version.

I suppose this job is quite simple to do for anybody who have good PHP knowledges and 1 or 2 hours must be probably quite enough.

Waiting your quote...thank