Suggestion for improve rating between Listings VS Users

mikkox

hello

Jreviews is probably the best component for allow users to rate anything. Most often Jreviews is used for rate/evaluate restaurant, hotel or any others business using specific criteria. However how to deal with the major problem related to fake and partial reviews??

How to avoid for example for a restaurant to get a bad review and see his rating broken because the reviewer is a competitor? How to avoid to get a good review because the reviewer is a friend or family member of listing owner? Any website from small to big who allow reviews have his own Terms of Use but only few have a valuable system for control more deeper each review and rating (yelp or qype). In fact is quite difficult to solve this kind of problem...

Actually is possible to use Everywhere addon who allow to include rating/review inside many third party extensions like especially Community Builder (the one I use) and Jomsocial. That mean if a user review a restaurant, this user can also be rated/reviewed by others users using some criteria like Credibility, Impartiality, Objectivity Quality of review, Orthography quality and more. But except to see global user profile rating no rating relation are made between all different listing rate of a single user and his own user rating.

For example Bob is a fresh registered user and the only review made by him for the restaurant "Happy Chicken" is very bad. This restaurant have many other good review so we can deduce Bob is the only person who are not happy...but why? Maybe Bob has not had luck and the chef really cooked something bad. But maybe Bob is a competitor of the restaurant Happy Chicken... The same can happen with the opposite scenario...

It will wonderful to make a relation between all gobal rating made by a single user. For example I think all listings rate made by a single user can have more or less importance according to his number of published review and by the rating made by others users about the user itself. In practice that mean rating made by Bob will be lower (less important in global rating made by him) in compare to Bill who published many review and where many user rate Bill as a good/trusted user.

I don't know exactly how the system can be... I just started to reflect about that because I think is possible to increase the power of the rating system instead to only make a simple average of all rate for a specific listing or user.

Any comment about that ??