Error After Deleting Listing -> Suggested Resolution

David Simpson

Fatal error: Call to a member function toArray() on a non-object in /home/myaccount/public_html/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php on line 242

This error occurs if a user goes to the PaidListing "My Account" and deletes a listing from the "Listings" tab by using the Manage dropdown. After deletion, there is a small tooltip that appears saying the item is deleted, however the thumbnail doesn't disappear automatically. If the thumb is clicked, the error above occurs. This is interesting because according to my FTP results, the folder /com_content/views/article doesn't even exist. Unfortunately, the error doesn't specify which file (at line 242) is making the call to the non-existent folder, however, my error_log file shows that a new iteration of the exact same error is being written to the logs every 14 minutes.

I'm pretty sure this problem would be alleviated if JReviews automatically removed the thumbnail from view after deletion. I'm assuming this folder/file that is being called is no longer in existence, as this is a pretty fresh install of Joomla 2.5.2 and I've certainly not deleted any core files.