Category Filter

Tim

Hi JReview Guys,

I know I've asked for it in the past but it's becoming more evident that we will need this feature.

I would like the categories on our map to be filtered live by the user. I have about 10 different categories that have seperate icons. The issue is they are generally grouped into dense areas. The user usually only wants to see certain types at the same time adding a checkbox or some other UI to show/hide these (without reloading the page) would be great and as the site grows essential.

1: Are you planning on adding this feature soon?  ;D

2: If not I'll tackle it myself.  :-\  so..  here's an idea that I haven't looked into yet but I would like to sound you out with it....

Would it be possible to add a JQuery selector to get the icon classes and know what category they belong to.

I can see id=mgtg_50 on an icon using Firebug, which I assmue 50 is it's JReview ID.

Is there a way to look up it's parent category from it's id?

Then it should be a failry easy operation to change their style display="none" via JQuery to show or hide..

I'm pretty new to PHP, JS and JQuery but have found JQuery very usefull for this kind of behavoir.

JReviews is great, keep up the good work!