Static Pages for Listings, Cellphone Upload Pics, Geocode Preferences

Rik Brown

Just thought I'd put in my current wish list (no response needed).

1) Would love to be able to generate all listings as static web pages. This would reduce server load and since Google now bases part of their rankings on site load speeds, this would help a lot. Also, if your mysql server ever has a glitch, at least those static pages which are indexed by Google keep being served and generate ad revenues.

2) Would like our users to be able to upload pictures from their cell phones to the listings. [it looks like this may already be in the works.]

3) Would like to be able to control the Geocoding selected pages more. Perhaps the ability to create my own queries that would store a table of places that I want Geocoded first (and then fallback to the default). For example, we have a lot of restaurants in New York City to be Geocoded. I'd like to be able to give them preference right now in the current Geocoding going on at our site. Or, I might chose hotels over restaurants, big cities over small cities, a particular country, etc. I would also like to set a number (under the 2500 geocodes per day) to stop the process. Finally, it would be nice to do this via cron.

Thanks. -- Rik

PS: Regarding the static pages, I have a program I use outside of Joomla that does this. It has a cron feature where I can run and it only generates changed pages. Otherwise, I can run it whenever I want to regenerate all pages if I make major changes.