Usergenerated guides - tags for favorite listings

Thomas Venugopal

I just had a great idea... I think. Alejandro, before you say that you have no time, just let me write this down ;)

At the moment we have the "favorite" functionality. It would be awesome if the user could organize the favorites listings with tags (like "click to add" in submitting form). Every user can tag the favorite listing with already usergenerated tags or add new tags.

After some time great lists/guides would be created which is huge benefit for the user and for us site owners. We could list favorites filtered by tags and offer them as a guide.

Example:

a) a user saves 3 movies in his favorites with the tag "cild friendly", other users tag other movies with "child friendly". A usergenerated guide for "child friendly movies" is born.

b) a user saves 5 restaurants in hs favorites with the tag "cild friendly", other users tag other restaurants, bars or cafés with "child friendly"

Now a list/guide is born: "Family Day" or whatever you call this guide linking to the list.

I hope you understand.

@all: Let me know what you think about this idea.

EDIT: Or: a feature like the comparison bar. Add listings to a list and publish them with a headline.

getimo