An Adaptation of the Moderation Process

Mark1

The abilities of JReviews never cease to amaze me and the more I use it, the more I think "Wouldn't it be good if you could do this..."

IDEA 1

Currently, if you enable moderation on edited listings, that listing is marked as unpublished in Joomla and any visitor will see a "404 page not found" error instead. I had a car for sale recently on autotrader.co.uk and whenever I made an edit, I was informed that the changes would take up to 24 hours to take effect. During this time, my listing, in it's unedited state was still online. I could also during this time continue to make changes on the newly edited listing whilst awaiting approval.

Would it be possible to implement some kind of "hold" table, where a copy of a listing, the edited version, is temporarily stored awaiting moderation? Once approved, this would then replace the original version.

IDEA 2

Allow front-end moderation by selected users (e.g. listing owners) of reviews and/or comments. E.g., if I have a directory website with 1000's of listings, it would be helpful if I could allow a listing owner to moderate their own comments, although should I choose, I could prevent them from moderating reviews. This would be topped off if we had Access Override control at Listing Type level.